Application Process / Deadlines
The Belair-Edison School is a zoned, neighborhood public charter school open to students in PreK - 8th grade in Baltimore City, with two campuses:
Elementary School | Brehms Campus | 3536 Brehms Ln. | Main Office 410-396-9150
Middle School | Brendan Campus | 2800 Brendan Ave. | Main Office 410-485-2102
IN THE ZONE: Students living in the zone are automatically eligible to enroll at The Belair-Edison School. To determine what your zoned school is, please use the Baltimore City Public Schools Neighborhood School Locator feature. If The Belair-Edison School is your zoned school, please call the main office at the elementary or middle school to enroll your child.
OUTSIDE THE ZONE: We also accept students that live outside of the zone. Baltimore City students who live outside of the zone must submit an application. Students are chosen by lottery, not grades or test scores.
• Pre-K applicants MUST BE AGE 4 by September 1, 2022
• K applicants MUST BE AGE 5 by September 1, 2022
• Completed applications must be received no later than Wednesday, February 2, 2022, at 3:30 pm.
• Applications received after February 2, 2022 will be added to the waitlist in the order they are received.
• The lottery will take place on Tuesday, February 8, 2022, at 9:00 am at The Belair-Edison School (campus tbd). The lottery will be postponed to Tuesday, February 15, 2022, at 9:00am if school closes due to inclement weather.
• Applicants can expect notification of lottery results via email by February 24, 2022.
• Applicants who receive an offer of enrollment must respond to The Belair-Edison School by April 8, 2022.
The Belair-Edison School is committed to diversity and equality. Accordingly, the school admits students and conducts all educational programs, activities and employment practices without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, disabilities or any other legally protected classification.