Physical | Nutritional Health
Fitness and health are fun at Tunbridge. Here are some of the many things we do to emphasize wellness:
- Students in grades PreK through 8th grade have outdoor recess every day (weather permitting) for at least 20 minutes.
- Students have either PE or dance twice a week all year long.
- Our PE program emphasizes fitness activities that students can participate in for the rest of their lives.
- Students set fitness goals and track them throughout the year.
- Our health curriculum is linked to the Maryland State Standards and is emphasized throughout our literacy block.
- Middle school students can participate in team sports and fitness activities after school, including cross-country, basketball, coed flag football, soccer, and cheerleading.
- All students have access to free, healthy breakfast and lunch food (including a salad bar) and healthy snacks.
- Our fourth graders participate in the Days of Taste program.
- All students, staff and families participate in Family Olympics Day each spring, where kids and parents compete in fun in Olympic-themed sports.
- Seventh graders host an annual Walk-A-Thon in the Homeland neighborhood.
- Middle schoolers participate in the Tunbridge Mile, an annual 1-mile run through the Homeland neighborhood.
- We have many activities for families that feature healthy living and fun. These include a fishing derby, camping at River Valley Ranch, T-WAP (Tunbridge Wellness Ambassadors Program) and more.
- Families bike the Northern Central Railroad Trail at the Tour de Tunbridge, a bike ride that ends with a celebration and a family-style lunch.
Details about our middle school specific programming can be found here.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.