Welcome to my website!
In 6th grade we will be learning Earth/Space science. Our (approximately month-long) units are:
- Solar System and the Universe (scale of our solar system and beyond)
- Earth, Sun, and Moon (phases of the moon, eclipses, reason for seasons)
- Geologic Time (tectonic plates, fossil record)
- Earth Systems (rock cycle, watersheds)
- Ocean Currents, and Climate (how the unequal heating of land and ocean determines climate)
- Water Cycle, Weather, and Wind (atmosphere, weather vs. climate)
- Human Impact (how humans affect our planet, population dynamics)
In 8th grade, we will be spending the year learning Physical Sciences: Physics and Chemistry
- Forces and Motion
- Electricity and Magnetism
I was trained as a science teacher at the University of Florida, where I received my B.S. and M.S. in Entomology and Nematology (insects and roundworms). I have taught science in a variety of settings, and this is my third year teaching at Tunbridge (though I have been a parent here longer; I have two children at TPCS, in grades 1 and 3).
I will use this website to communicate important information. If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to email me at [email protected]. Email is the best way to reach me: I check my email frequently and am good about returning emails in a timlely manner!